Serching information on the web
On the following link http://padlet.com/radovan_krajnc1/dxq1z5qwl67s,
answer the questions about searching the data on the web.
Find text about the place called DOG ISLAND (where hapilly live thousands of dogs) and check whether following statements are false, true or not in text.
- Dogs are sent to the Dog island because their owners don't want them any more.
- The description of your dog's personality is required before sending it to the island
- Injury and trauma recovery center for dogs is built on the island.
- Visitors are allowed to come to this island 3 times a week.
Evaluate the page DOG ISLAND following the selected criteria:
- who is the author of the page (organisation, private person)
- adress, telephone
- date of the last page change
- relevance (is the information useful ...)
Write your thoughts to this Padlet: http://padlet.com/radovan_krajnc1/yhrovv6thbs0
Create new My learning and name it Assessing internet resources.
In the section Setting goals copy this items:
- I can critically assess internet resources
- I can find primary sources
- I recognize fake webpages and online frauds
and add your private goals if there are any.
Can we find criteria for those goals?
When we know that we reach the goal. What is prove that we reach it. What is the quality of our knowledge, skills or product?
8-month Mary is heavily ill. Please donate 8 EUR and forward this message to all your friends
Check if this message is real.
Additional information here.
Follow this link for an example of evaluating the reliability of the website Dog Island.
In My learning in section Evidence assess the reliability of the following sources:
Is the following information in Facebook message true?
Criteria you can use for evaluating the internet resources:
- web domain
Create new Page and publish there your My learning. New Page share with the group.
Give your peers feedback about their evaluation of internet resources.
When you give feedback be aware of criteria:
- web domain (whois)
It is time to evaluate your work. In your Learning, in the section Self-evaluation explain the following:
- What was my preknowledge about evaluating internet resources?
- What was totaly new for me?
- Which criteria for evaluating internet resources are most importan for me?
- In which areas can be useful new knowledge of evaluating internet resouces?
- How well I succeded to reach my goals?
- What I am proud of?
- What is stil unclear to me?
Activites prepared by
- Nela Bejat Krajnc
- Radovan Krajnc